Drug Discovery Workshop
The special training school is organized in collaboration between the BLAVATNIK CENTER for Drug Discovery and the G-INCPM, and will take place at the Weizmann Institute of Science, in the G-INCPM building, on October 28-31, 2019
Experts will deliver exciting and informative lectures covering the following topics:
- Introduction drug discovery.
- From target to Lead - overview and general concepts.
- Literature review & screening technologies.
- General concepts for biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Case study of a protease drug discovery project.
- The current status of drug discovery in industry, biotech and academia.
- Methods to analyze in-vitro biological assay data.
- Analysis of images from High Content Screening.
Practical Training Sessions
Participants will experience hands-on training sessions using experimental methods to provide a foundation for applying in-vitro approaches in drug discovery.
- Screening of biochemical and cell based assays against a small molecule library (proof-of-concept screen).
- ADME-Tox assays (e.g. cell viability, apoptosis, cardiotoxicity and mitochondrial toxicity).
- Analysis of High Content Screening assay data.
Drug discovery workshop based on the successful Fraunhofer concept with over 42 events organized since 2011 across the globe and training of 780 scientists.
Lecture and practical based event held at facilities hosting the latest technologies for assay development and screening.
Unique networking opportunity to meet experts in drug discovery, assay development, screening.